Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sucre

As soon as I stepped off the plane, I knew I was in the right place. There was a cool breeze blowing and the sun was shining brightly. Perfect Spring weather. I love Spring weather.

I got to the hostel and within ten minutes of talking to the owner I was set up with Spanish classes for the next two weeks that will be cheaper than going to a school, but with a teacher who works at one of the best schools here. I went out for a walk and there was a rally race going on.


The race was happening on a pretty major street and people were just crossing in between these cars blazing by at 70-90kmph. Check out the videos.


So I stayed and watched the cars zip by. It was cool. There were lots of people out. Probably because the soccer season is over. I walked around the main square for a bit. The rally cars were parked all around the plaza and I found this guy selling chorizo. I had to buy some because I love chorizo, but nothing compares to the chorizo in Colombia. This was close though.

I like the vibe of this place. It seems really chilled out. I'm going to be calling this place home for at least the next two weeks. Taking classes and exploring. Hopefully I can update a little more often because this city has more to offer.
 This was the soccer game in Santa Cruz. Amazing atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment