Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oh well

"I'm sorry sir, the tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable," were the last words I heard from the travel rep. So, it will be Colombia to start. No big deal. I'll just re-arrange the itinerary a little bit and roll with it. 

First setback. Check. More to come I'm sure. 


Today is the last day of work. It's a bittersweet moment. Bitter because I won't have money rolling (oh yeah, there are some people there too who are cool) and sweet because I never have to come back. It's been great leaving, I should do it more often, I haven't had to pay for a meal in two weeks. It's nice to feel so appreciated. I'm very humbled. 


Supplies have been purchased. Shoes have been broken in. Bag has been packed. 


I'm ready. 


3 comments:

  1. DB!

    I'm liking the upbeat attitude about the mistake. There is of course a lesson to be learned from every one of them.

    Sorry I didn't get a chance to wish you well in person...i'm not big on goodbyes :)

    Thanks for the blog link - i look forward to following your travels across the globe. Stay safe and have fun! - I.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHHH!! You must be sooo excited! I LOVE that you are actually doing it! Travelling is all about rolling with the punches - you're obviously off to a good start already, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beems,
    Good on you for finding the time to update your blog. Excited to read it bud. Btw...its too damn cold here.

    ReplyDelete