Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Argentina!

Another country entered and it's time again for the overview. Argentina and Chile are both known for their wines, so I think I will do some taste testing for everyone and let you know which country's wine is better. This country stretches for about a quarter of the continent. And I will be doing it all (or mostly) by bus! No more planes. This isn't Bolivia. The airlines want to make a lot of money here. Bolivia made me realize air travel can be cheap if the government wants it to be for the people.

Enough of my insights. Time for what's planned!!!

  • Buenos Aires - Tango capital of the world and rich historical heritage
  • Rosario - the cultural capital of Argentina with arts and the theatre flourishing all around 
  • Cordoba and Mendoza - the heart of wine country
  • San Luis - Las Vegas of Argentina
  • Salta - where there's a train to the clouds (it climbs thousands of metres)
Then I'll head to Chile (separate future post) and San Pedro de Atacama for the desert night sky and observatories to see the stars! From there I'll go to the Salt Flats of Bolivia. I didn't go earlier because I had heard reports of -20C nights with no heat. Hopefully, by the time I get there, it'll be better. After that, I head back to Chile, and work down to Santiago. Then I head back to BA because I have some more friends coming down! Then I'll head to Uruguay (separate future post) and come back, because it's just a ferry across the river to Uruguay from BA. When I get back, I'll head south in Argentina to:
  • Bahia Blanca - a beach town
  • Nequen - for the bones of the largest dinosaur ever found on earth!!!
  • Bariloche - for a ski weekend
  • Puerto Madryn - to get back to nature and see penguins and whales
  • Lake Buenos Aires - for the marble caves!
  • Parque Nacional de los Glaciares - for glaciers and to watch icebergs break off
It's going to be a crazy loop. And I'm gonna cherish every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment