Friday, July 19, 2013

Buenos Aires - Part Two

Today was a lazy day. I walked around a bit and then went to the oldest cafe in BA, Cafe Tortoni. It's been open since 1858 and Argentina's presidents and dignitaries have been dining there since then. I ordered some churros and coffee because this place was a definite tourist traps and those were the least expensive things on the menu. The waiters were dressed up in tuxedos and there was an old-timey cash register. After the coffee and churros, I went walking.



I went walking for a while before I came to this. The Washington Monument in BA. Not really, they made this obelisk to commemorate 400 years of BA being a city. It's massive and in the middle of one of the most major streets in BA. There's traffic whizzing by everywhere and tourists in the centre taking pics. 
They also have their best replica of Times Square as well, complete with McDonald's and Coca-Cola ad. Haha! 


No comments:

Post a Comment