Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nazca

On the road again...something something...on the road again!

I'm on the move again. That means buses, buses, and more buses. But in Nazca, it means a flight as well!

The Spaceman


I got to Nazca this afternoon after leaving Ica at 10am. Nazca is the home of the Nazca Lines. No one knows who made these lines or why they are there. They are massive (100-300m) figures that can only be appreciated from the sky. They are between 1400 and 2200 years old, before airplanes. Some people think aliens helped build them! They are images in the desert made from removing the top layers of darker rock to leave the lighter layer of earth underneath.

The best way to see them is by plane. This ain't your average 747. It is a single prop plane that swoops, banks and dives so that everyone in the plane can see the figures from two different angles. 3 of the 5 people got sick. The lady at the counter was offering me $75 for the flight. I wanted $60, and then she turns around and sells it for $100 to another two people and came back to me telling me $75 was the best she could do. So I had to take it, it probably was the best. They also accepted my driver's license instead of my passport, lol. Gotta love that security.
Tree and Hands (at the top)
Enough of my talk. Check out the videos below. It was hard since the sun was so bright and the plane was banking soooo hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment