Friday, February 15, 2013

Bocagrande

I went to the Colombian Starbucks today. Juan Valdez coffee is a Colombian brand known around the world. For those who know me, I don't drink coffee, but since I'm in one of the coffee-producing capitals of the world, I figured I might as well! It's good coffee. Strong and rich...pretty much everything I am and want to be. The company gives the higher profits it receives to the farmers because it is owned and run by a farming coop which includes farmers from all over the country. Maybe farmers in our part of the world can learn some best practices.

The name of the main touristy beach in Cartagena is Bocagrande! I don't know why it's called that. I took no effort to do anything but go to the beach today. It's a lovely beach with warm water and a smooth ocean floor. The views are spectacular. They are all sorts of condos and hotels on this stretch of land, and they are building more. I wouldn't mind owning a little bit of property here. It's way cheaper than Florida.
As per the norm, I decided to walk it to the beach today. It was about 45 minutes and I got some good sunshine. There are a couple of touristy pirate ships which do tours of the bay with dinner and music. It seemed really tacky was well-attended by older folks on vacation. The sun looked huge hanging in the sky. The pictures don't really do it justice. That was it today. It was a good day. Tomorrow I leave for Medellin. Fellow travellers have nothing but good things to say about the city. No more being ripped off just because my Spanish isn't that good. YAY! I actually heard the chorizo guy tell a Latino guy that the price for a chorizo was $1500 pesos and then when I went and asked, he told me $2500. Bastardo...

Good from far
Good from close too
Sunset after a great day at the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment