Thursday, February 7, 2013

Habroso

I walked to the downtown of Santa Marta today and finally found the historic centre. This church began construction way back in 1525 when Santa Marta was first founded. I also went to the centre because there is more variety and the food is cheaper. After having another delicious lunch (where the vendor tried to unsuccessfully rip me off, not knowing that I knew how much the food cost) I hopped on a collectivo to head back to Taganga.





It really is a nice beach. The water is cool and inviting. Especially after walking an hour to catch the collectivo up to it. A collectivo is a modified passenger van that it a very cheap way of getting around anywhere in the city. There was a guy there selling what he called, "A Colombian corn flake". The proper name is Habroso...I think. I should have asked him to write it down. The sunsets are very nice here. Makes you appreciate everything you've been blessed with.


Riding home, I had to sit right beside the driver. It was an interesting experience seeing him cut in and out of the flow of traffic. Stopping to pick up and let off passengers wherever he felt like it while navigating between cars, motorcycles, bicycle and donkey carts! Tomorrow will just be a lazy day at the hostel. I might paint a wall or two to get a free night's stay. We'll see.




2 comments:

  1. I dont care for this blog...it depresses me...ZM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel looking good! I think you really should paint today for the free night stay...after all we are here shovelling(knee high)snow :) Michelle S

    ReplyDelete