Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Taganga

I just went to the beach yesterday. It was hot!

Taganga is about 10 minutes north of Santa Marta. I walked to the street where there are always buses heading up to Taganga. It cost $1200 pesos for the ride, which works out to 75 cents. Way cheaper than TTC. These buses are always running...always. You just have to step out into the street and wave it down. Then they stop wherever you are. It's quite convenient.
Before
After

Main strip in Taganga
Taganga is pretty touristy. There is just one street that is lined with thatched-roof huts which all sell the same thing for the same price. I ended up going to a restaurant away from the beach but still had a nice view all the same. The owner was a really friendly talkative guy. I ordered a fish that was cooked in a coconut cream sauce with a small amount of other herbs and spices. It was so good. There was also coconut rice, which tasted pretty darn good as well. I went swimming in some of the coldest ocean water I've ever been in, but it was okay because it was soooo hot today again. Heh heh. Snowy Toronto...

No comments:

Post a Comment