Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Colombia Itinerary

So I realized a while ago that I have been telling tales of where I've been and what I've been doing, but I haven't told about my itinerary. I think I'll do a post of what I plan to see before entering each new country. But for now, here's my itinerary for Colombia. I'm sure it will change as I meet more people and get more information. Check the link here: http://goo.gl/maps/hoO1M

As you already know, Bogota is where I landed. Then I flew from Bogota to Barranquilla and took a bus to Santa Marta. After Santa Marta, I journey (by long-distance bus...YAY!) to:

  • Barranquilla
    • They have the biggest Carnaval outside of Brazil
  • Cartagena
    • A real tourist attraction in Colombia, there's a volcano where you can take a mud bath!
  • Medellin
    • One of Colombia's largest (and according to people I've met, most beautiful) cities
  • Manizales
    • There are tours to the National Park nearby where you can hike through mountains, but I'm not sure if I'll do it here or just wait for Patagonia
  • Zona Cafetera
    • The coffee-growing part of the country
  • Popayan
    • There's an indigenous peoples market here on Tuesdays that I don't want to miss
  • Ipiales 
    • Where the Las Lajas Cathedral is, a church literally built into the mountainside
    • From here I head to Ecuador

1 comment:

  1. Medellin is where Johanna is from! I think her dad is still there! Sounds like you are having a blast Beemer!

    ReplyDelete